Here is a list from herbal folks and many government links to learn different perspectives about COVID19.
It is the policy of Herbal Community of Central Mass (HCOCM) not to advise or recommend herbs for medicinal or health use. Therefore, HCOCM is not liable for any decision made, actions taken or not taken due to published or presented material. Electronic links are provided for educational services only.
- BotanicWise founded by Charis Lindrooth, DC. Features free webinars by Guido Mase and Christopher Hobbs.
- Christopher Hobbs for recent COVID19 webinar at Botanicwise.com
- American Herbalists Guild Resource List
- Herbs for Immunity by Rosalee de la Foret
- White Pine Medicine by Jade Alicandro Mace
- Matthew Wood Institute of Herbalism
- Spiritual Strategies in COVID Times for Black, Indigenous, and People of Color Health Workers & Healers
- Resources for Herbalists and Community Health Workers by Larken Bunce
- Elderberry and Cytokine Storms by Katja Swift
- 5 Tips to Help Ward off And Manage a Viral Illness with Herbs from the Herb Academy
MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES
During this time, your mental health matters. Here are a few resources below to utilize during this time if needed:
Our members are doing their best to help essential workers during this pandemic.
Denise, our President, is making a great volume of cloth masks along with our webmaster, Chris Samoilof. Others are contributing cleaning solutions and hand sanitizers to neighbors and personel as well.
After all, we are all in this together!
- How to Talk to Children about the Coronavirus (click here for link)
- Talking to Teen/Tweens about Coronavirus (click here for link)
- A Comic created from NPR based on interviews with experts (click here for link)
- The NASP released a resource for parents (click here for link)
- Massachusetts 2-1-1 (call 24/7 to learn about coronavirus in 150+ languages) (click here for link)
- Resilience and Routines for Families During the Pandemic (click here for link)
- Autism Central Family Resources (click here for link)
- CDC- Helping Children Cope with Emergencies (click here for link)
FOR PARENT WELL-BEING
- Massachusetts Department of Elementary & Secondary Education (DESE)
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) Information on the Outbreak of Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) CDC Guidance for Administrators of K-12 Schools and Childcare Programs: Plan, Prepare, and Respond to COVID-19 — Updated March 12, 2020
- CDC Pandemic Flu Checklist: K-12 Administrators
- U.S. Department of Education COVID-19 (“Coronavirus”) Information and Resources for Schools and School Personnel
- Department of Homeland Security Pandemic, Helping Children Cope
- Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools (REMS) Addressing Biological Hazards That May Impact Students, Staff, and Visitors
- REMS Toolbox Contains templates for parent communication letters such as Parent Letter: H1N1 Waterbury Public Schools (Connecticut) and Parent Letters and Posters: H1N1 District of Columbia Public Schools
- CDC Checklist for Teachers, Parents, and Administrators
- CDC Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations for U.S. Community Facilities with Suspected/Confirmed Coronavirus Disease